Monday 9 May 2011

Chicken Teriyaki with Mixed Salad

I had a real craving for teriyaki chicken the other day so rather than popping down to the local take-away I decided to look up the marinade on line and make it for myself. I found a great recipe here at www.foogkawker.com which I adapted slightly to fit the ingredients in my cupboard.
Mix 2 tbsp of Mirin, 2 tbsp Dark soy and 1 desert spoons of sugar in a bowl. Some recipes add sake to the marinade which sounds lovely, but I didn't have any. Add some sliced chicken breast and marinade for 30 minutes or so. When ready fry on a hot griddle or in a hot frying pan until the chicken starts to crisp on the outside. Pour the marinade liquor over the chicken and bubble away until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice and this salad:

The salad is just a mixture of fresh vegetables and herbs with as much or as little as you want of the following: Bean sprouts, peppers, cucumber, fresh mint, fresh coriander,  lettuce leaves, red chili, grated carrots and spring onions.
For the dressing whisk together:
1tbsp of dark soy
1tbsp of water,
the juice of one lime,
1 dsp of sesame oil,
1dsp of thai fish sauce,
1 tsp of sugar
And either 1 hot red chili or a drop or two of Tabasco or hot chili sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment