Monday 29 November 2010

Birthday Bake



Making a few cakes for my friend Emma's birthday party last weekend I got a little carried away....

I absolutely love making and icing little cup cakes! The recipe for the cup cakes is so simple and works every time... I'm not sure when it arrived in my possession but it really never fails: 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp fine salt, 1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla 2/3 cup whole milk. Blend all the ingredients together and cook at 180 degrees until cooked. About 10-15 mins. Check if they are done by spiking with a skewer. If it comes out clean then they are cooked.

Dark chocolate cupcake with Italian butter cream icing and edible glitter 


 Little coconut fancies with Italian butter cream icing and below with Belgian chocolate icing. The recipe is one I learnt while working for Rosie at her deli cafe. Get the recipe from her book; i even get a little mention ...!




It's all about the edible glitter!

2 comments: